This is an image of Tao Maha Phrom Jinnapanjara from the above website, according to ancient scriptures about the origins of Phra Katha Jinnabanchon, this miraculous and sacred chant made famous by Ven. Somdej Toh, Wat Rakang Kositaram, was given by this celestial Brahma deity. Among the Five Grand Ancient Amulet (Phra Benjapahkee), Phra Somdej Wat Rakang is the youngest in age of the five amulets, less than 200 years old but it is the highest in collection value. Ever since Phra Somdej Wat Rakang was brought to the limelight, there was much miracles associated with and the main reason was that Ven. Somdej Toh consrecated his Phra Somdejs with this sacred Phrakatha Jinnabanchon.
Above is the image on the front of Locket Tao Maha Phrom Jinnapanjara, Ven. LP Seua Wat DonYaiPeuan.
Little was known about this celestial Brahma deity. Tao Maha Phrom has a crescent Moon on his Head, just like Lord Shiva. The moon symbolizes time and wearing Moon on his head denotes that He has complete control over time and is beyond the measure of time and is eternal. Tao Maha Phrom carries a celestial staff that that emits bright light at its top. the His left hand is shown in a boon- bestowing and blessing pose. The flower mark or more commonly mark of AUM on His left palm annihilates evil, grants boons, bestows grace, destroys ignorance, and awakens wisdom in His devotees. Dressed in white a symbol of purity which also means the importance of observing wholesome precepts. Tao Maha Phrom is usually seen standing or travelling on a Giant Tortoise (Kurma Avatar of Lord Vishnu) and Giant Serpent (King of Nagas). These are the two important mystical deities in creature form whom made churning the Ocean of Milk .
This is an illustration of Churning the Ocean but I believe the next image will ring a bell for frequent travellers to Suvarnnabhum Airport.
Can you see Kurma the Giant Tortoise below the Mount Mandara? The Demons and Asuras are holding are holding on to Vasuki The Naga King to churn the ocean!
It is an important episode in Brahmanism history but let’s come back to our topic. So to summarize the iconic representation of Tao Maha Phrom;
- The crescent Moon on Tao Maha Phrom’s crown, Moon symbolizes time and Mind. As Moon waxes for 15 days and wanes the next 15 days. All of us are subjected to the influence of the power of Moon, such waxes and wanes causes much ups and downs in our life. Crescent means grow. A crescent Moon waxes its positive affluence bringing stability and progress in our lives.
- The celestial staff that that emits bright light at its top. Means to dispel ignorance of devotees and blessings to brighten up our path which has fallen dark.
- His left hand is shown in a boon- bestowing and blessing pose. The flower mark or more commonly mark of AUM on His left palm annihilates evil, grants boons, bestows grace, destroys ignorance, and awakens wisdom in His devotees.
- Dressed in white a symbol of purity which also means the importance of observing wholesome precepts.
- Kurma the Giant Tortoise (An Avatar of Lord Vishnu), a symbol of longevity and wealth.
- Vasuki the Giant Serpent (King of Nagas), a symbol of authority and mightiness.
- Radiant of Brilliance (Sanga Rasi), the bright aura or orb behind Tao Maha Phrom. Symbolizes influential, respect, authority, greatness and above all great Barami.
Below are images of the back of Locket Tao Maha Phrom. There are 99 pieces altogether but all the 99 pieces the back varies, basically the same component, just varies in composition. I have attached 5 images of it. Let me run you through the ingredients;
- Pong Putthakoon (combinations of holy powders from more than 600 Gaeji Archans)
- Special Pong Ven. LP Seua (That LP Seua used for the earlier Phra KhunPaen that LP pressed himself in Taman Maluri)
- Earth from 7 termite nest
- Earth from 7 jetties
- 108 types of flowers
- Gems from Chantakburi (powderize)
- Shell fossils of millions years (powderize)
- Pure Honey
- Pure Sesame Oil
- Natural Hardener
This one has Luk Bart (buried gemstones thousand years of age), raw rubies that Thais called ‘Kin Bo Siang’ means abundance of prosperity and a small fragments of Phra Somdej Wat Rakang of Ven. Somdej Toh Wat Rakang. This phim we only have 40 pieces. So first come first serve.
This is also the same as above but in addition also have relics from sacred caves at mountains.
This one is without Phra Somdej Wat Rakang fragments.
This one has Luk Bart, raw rubies and relic from a sacred mountain in Narathiwat. Now no longer accessible. Have proven miracles of preventing firearms assault.
This is just Luk Bart and raw rubies.
We cannot have them all the same because our materials are limited. Please do note that Ven. Somdej Toh also put Luk Bart in Phra Somdejs kept in Wat Phra Kaew. This batch of lockets, Ven. LP Seua will puthaphisek until LoyKraThong which is a full Moon. Firstly this is to coincide with the image of Tao Maha Phrom Jinnapanjara but also because LoyKraThong is an auspicious day and we very much want such auspiciousness to be endowed into this special locket.
This locket is RM300 per sponsor.
List of Participants :-
- Derrick Cheong 1 unit ——————————————————RM300
- Stephen Foo 10 units——————————————————-RM3,000
- Danny Lim 1 unit————————————————————-RM300
- Derrich Thian 1 unit———————————————————RM300
- Teoh Kar Hoe 1 unit———————————————————RM300
The purpose of this dana is to wrap up the Ubosot or Bot building, if there should be any leftovers. If all done up then it will be channeled to building the Hor Rakang (Bell Tower) which according to Ven. LP Seua will cost temple THB2,000,000.